“To enhance the wellbeing of all Australians living with persistent pain through supported self- efficacy.”
- A health promotion charity
- Provides advocacy, information and practical support for people living with persistent (chronic) pain and their families.
- Primary representative of consumer health for all Australians who live with persistent pain.
- Objectives are in line with the National Pain Strategy including; evidence based best practice and a person centred approach to persistent pain.
- Information contained within the website is broken into the following subsections: Self-help, treatment options, latest news, advocacy and help for carers.
This website gives information relating to the extensive Australia wide support program of APMA. Used as a voice to link people experiencing persistent pain through the following mediums:
- Comprehensive website
- Help line (Pain Link)
- Newsletters and pamphlets
- National Pain network of support groups
APMA uses the knowledge and experience of those with persistent pain to liaise with health professionals, administrators and governments to achieve improved quality of life.